We Are Living In A World Of 'Not Enough' Where Self-Limiting Beliefs Are Not Only Common, But Pretty Much A Given. But What If We Flipped It On Its Head?
The Success Monologues brings together a group of brilliant women to speak about their limiting self-beliefs, the memories that made them, and how they've redefined what it means to ‘be a success'.
Inspired by new Pan Macmillan novel, The Charmed Life of Alex Moore by Molly Flatt, join us for an inspring evening of stories, advice and evolving your true self in an ever pressurized world.
Molly will be joined by a panel of inspiring, active and engaged speakers including:
● Lauren Coulman - CEO and Social Impact Strategist at Noisy Cricket, Lauren helps build people-powered movements to bring collective voices together to create equality. Writer for Forbes, campaigner for Free to Be Ok platform, and featured on Northern Power Women Future List, Lauren is dedicated to causes that will ensure social impact and change.
● Jo Morfee - Co-Founder of InnovateHer - a extra curriculum programme designed to inspire and empower younger girls, and Director of Liverpool Girl Geeks - supporting those who seek careers in the tech industry, Jo is passionate about changing the status quo in tech sector to create a more balanced and diverse workforce.
● Vimla Appadoo - Vimla is one of the instigators behind SheSays MCR, a platform helping women in digital and creative industries further their careers, facilitating change through design thinking at FutureGov and was voted as a Northern Power Woman Top 50 Future Leader.
● Dior Bediako: Dior Bediako is the Founder of Pepper Your Talk and The Junior Network, platforms that support and educate the next generation of fashion creatives. After leaving a lucrative position at Burberry, Dior set about creating a space for young fashion professionals to help them find their feet in a industry renowned for its competitiveness.
● Charlotte Instone - Founder and CEO of Know The Origin, the Fairtrade, organic fashion label, ranked as EthicalConsumers top ethical fashion brand October 2017. Charlotte is passionate about ensuring transparency in the fashion industry; a true trailblazer and force to be reckoned with.
6.00pm: Arrivals and Complimentary Drink (Wine, Beer or Soft Drink)
6:30pm: Panel Begins
7:30: Panel End / Q+A
8:00pm: Event End
The event series has been inspired by The Charmed Life of Alex Moore, a debut novel by Molly Flatt. The book is a grown-up adventure with a magical twist, featuring a kick-ass heroine from London's tech start-up scene. The story is unique in that it straddles genre, commercial fiction and even self-improvement as there is a distinct subtext about what success means, the importance of recognizing our capacity to shift these parameters and finding the courage to change the direction of our stories. Molly Flatt is a journalist who writes about the impact of technology on publishing, culture and identity. She is Associate Editor for FutureBook, Digital Editor for PHOENIX Magazine and Associate Editor for The Memo.